- Questo evento è passato.
Region: Emilia Romagna
Saturday, May 20
This Field Learning activity will allow students to discover Modena’s gastronomical traditions, as they will have the chance to experience firsthand the entire production process of two typical Italian products: Lambrusco wine and Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena. This is a great opportunity to learn the secrets that make these high-quality products unique and set them apart from their imitations. Emphasis will be placed not only to the methods of production, but also to the international marketing and trade of quality food products, and in particular of protected designation of origin products. The Consortiums for the protection of traditional food products, which run promotions in Italy and throughout the world, are also an excellent example of Territorial Marketing.
Morning departure from Florence to the Modena area. Visits to several production sites, namely, a winery and a Acetaia (vinegar factory) where you will be introduced to the different steps involved in the production of Lambrusco wine and of the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. Product tasting, time to work on FL assignment and free time. Return to Florence in the early evening.
The activity includes:
- Round-trip transportation
- Entry fees and guided visit of selected sites
- Product tasting
- Field learning staff on-site
The activity does not include:
- Meals not listed above
- Entrance fees or costs associated to sites/activities visited on own
- Gain a broader knowledge of food and products that are unique to the Italian territory, history, and culture
- Describe the processes of production of Aceto Balsamico di Modena and Lambrusco wine
- Assess the role of food and wine in Italian culture and lifestyle
- Analyze the strategies for international marketing and trade of quality food products
- Identify the EU product regulations and their effects on the local economy
- Explain the protection politics of the local products in Italy and Europe (DOP)
For availability and payment deadline, please contact EFL office: sld-studentservices@